~Tomato Creek Prims~
A simple life...Stush and I, the kids and the grands♥

Monday, November 30, 2009

~Wow, Thanksgiving is Over?~

                     It flew by didn’t it? Now we are on to Christmas, just very hard to believe.

All of my fall stuff is down and put away for next year and I’m slowly but surely

putting things out for Christmas but with having company until today and working

more now since the shopping season began last Friday it’s kind of hard getting to it.

I’m off tomorrow so I plan on doing a lot more, I work from 5 to 10:30 today so that

leaves out doing anything Christmasey.

I did get my tree up and the lights on plus I bought the faux popcorn at The Country

Store…took 7 9ft strands to do this tree but I finally got my popcorn garland that I

have wanted it seems forever:) No ornaments on it yet, hopefully tomorrow!

     001

This is on my dining room table…I’m going very simple this year, just greenery and my

battery candles…I just don’t have the time, I’m not even bringing the boxes up from the

basement just going thur and taking out what is prim to use. Although I will bring the

the boxes of tree ornaments.

 004

I saw this on someone’s blog…sorry, you can hardly see the tree but I had the same one as

her, can’t remember though who’s blog but she had it sitting on a firken and I loved it!

002

 A little greenery on the iron candle holder on the mantle:)

003

That’s about all friends, I’ll be doing more tomorrow and I can come back on to post more

for the first of December!!!

I still have to learn more about live writer, and for those that asked…just type in live writer

.com in the address bar and it will take you there where you can download it!

Thanksgiving was great everyone was here, I was so stuffed! I made four pumpkin pies and

the turkey plus stuffing and I can’t forget the deviled eggs:)

Michael left for home Saturday Jennifer and Jeremy just left a little while ago.

Now I need to get dressed for work, I hope you are all having a great Monday and are

decorating your little hearts out.lol

Rondell

20 comments:

  1. I got the same popcorn garlands this year for my prim tree. Don't you love how real they look? Love the prim tree on the firkin. I do that at Halloween and Easter but my firkin corner is where the big tree goes at Christmas time so they all move elsewhere.

    Looking forward to seeing more decor when you get it all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is looking so amazing. We put our tree up the day before Thanksgiving. My hubby wanted to surprise the boys when they came over on T-day. We're slowly adding ornaments and I've decorated a little in the kitchen. I don't have a lot of prim things so I'm just doing what I can. I think I need to make some Christmas things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas decorations look great so far, Rondell! Can't wait to see more! I'm still working on mine. Hopefully I'll be done by this weekend!

    Take care,
    ~Kris~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving, Rondell. I look forward to seeing your Christmas decor ... our house is still very much a work-in-progress. Hopefully this week will be a good one for decorating.

    Take care, my busy friend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great Rondell. Can't wait to see more pics. Where did you get your red checkerboard with the star in the middle? I love it!!

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rondell, everything looks great! I love the simple look and that's how my Christmas decor is too. And you reminded me of something! I also have faux popcorn garlands that I bought and have never used! I need to look for them! LOL!
    I finally learned how to change fonts on Live Writer this morning! WooHoo! LOL! It's fun to learn new things.
    I hope your worK time goes fast so you can get back home and do the things you love.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think just about everyone was putting up decorations today! Your popcorn garland looks fabulous on that big ol' tree you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your house all decked out! I'm having the same problem, NO TIME, but hopefully this week I will get a chance to do some decorating. Have fun, fun, fun! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks so nice so for. Such a warm and cozy look. It is difficult working the decorating in with everything else that goes on in our homes, but once it is done everyone enjoys. Hope you get a lot done tomorrow!! Send us more pics. Prim friend, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is looking wonderful Rondell. Can't wait to see more :) I started yesterday but not finished quite yet. I will place things but then go back and re-do the arrangement because I am not satisfied...LOL. I am hoping to be done before the weekend...LOL.

    Glad to hear that you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of food and spending time with family.

    Have a great week and looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So far I likey Rondell!!!! Yep simple this year is my motto too. I think the didning room table is perfect.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your decorating and it all is so prim!!!! I love, love the color on your window trim in the kitchen photo...do you mind my asking what color it is?

    I haven't started decorating or shopping! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking good Rondell, I'm still at it too so don't feel bad but what a lovely time to be at home to play!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to come back and tell you as I was looking again at the pics of the colonial home I visited Sunday, they did the same thing with the tree and firkin.

    I hope you get some ME time today - donn't work too hard my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your swap is on its way!! Merry Christmas!! I hope you like it. It sure was fun to put together. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lookin good so far, Rondell!! Love your garland!
    Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looking great. I'm just doing a little at a time. Can't seem to get the motivation I need to get it done. Guess, that's why I'm looking here. :-) Can't wait to see more. I love your popcorn garland!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple but beautiful.. looks great! Love the popcorn garland!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read each and everyone of your comments...thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit... your always welcome♥
Rondell