~Tomato Creek Prims~
A simple life...Stush and I, the kids and the grands♥

Sunday, September 13, 2009

~Beautiful Day Here in Pa~

Hi everyone!
What a gorgeous day here...sunny and just right, I was going to go to the flea market today but figured I had enough stuff.LOL Anyways, the Covered Bridge Festival is next weekend and I'll save my money for that:)

Yesterday I stopped at Center in the Woods, a senior center right up the road from me, they were having a flea market/craft show that started at 8 and I needed to be at work for 9!!! I left the house early and stopped by to see what they had and one lady and her husband were there selling these blocks, instead of using stain she used, I'm sure, a brush to flick paint on it. I also liked the fall colored homespun that she tied around it. I bought Michele one that says Prim Harvest, you don't know how I wanted to keep it but she's good to me:) I also bought these patriotic ones, you can see the flicks of paint on these too.
They didn't have much of a flea market only two tables but I managed to find some things in the short amount of time I had.
Do you remember these old time pencil boxes? This was a $1.00 and painted blue so I figured I had to have it for my desk.

There is a farm scene painted on it:)


This prim can was only .25 and it has a jar inside to put a candle in, hey for .25 I couldn't leave it there:)



I also found this old colander for .50 to put the vegetables in on the counter!




The Dollar Tree had these...they went like wildfire, I think the only one left is the pig...he's a neat sheep for a $1.00!





I bought two cows one for me and the other for Michele to put in her Christmas stocking, I have mine on top of my refrigerator, very appropriate I think. Remember when they were the rage in country decorating? Michele used to decorate with them then but she has since got rid of most and just kept the more prim ones.






That's about all that's going here...Stush is cutting grass and I should go out and take the summery things on the back porch down to the basement.
Have a great Sunday!







17 comments:

  1. I really like that old can with the homespun around it! Just very down-home! You got some bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog.Thought I would stop by and say hi!!!
    Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading your blog!!!!
    Blessing's
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Rondell you got some great items for so cheap..and I love your header photo..our weather is gorgeous here to in sunny washington...love days like this..although I am sitting here at the computer..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blocks! Thanks for always leaving me the sweetest comments. They mean more than you will ever know!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw those little pigs and sheep and cows at the Dollar Tree...really wanted one, but passed, but after seeing yours...I need to go back!!!1 Love your blocks....very nice! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sheep and cow! I'm going to have to stop by Dollar Tree soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rondell I also love reading your blog and seeing what youve bought on special and your decor... this must be the best time of the year to display all your lovely prims and autumn bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rondell,
    I got the sheep, cow, rooster, and pig at our Dollar Tree last week and shared them on my blog also. My MIL got me some welcome blocks a few years back with the same little farm animals on them. My sister liked them so much that I went back to the Dollar Tree to get her some and they were almost all gone.

    Great finds that you got at the craft show!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see we have the same great taste in backgrounds! LOL Love the goodies, will have to check out my dollar tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got some great stuff Rondell! I love the curly sheep and cow, very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well working at the Dollar Tree has it's benefits doesn't it??? Love the animals. Now you have me wanting to make the drive out to ours!

    Great finds this weekend kiddo.

    Karen
    http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/
    kmprimitives@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You found some great items, Rondell! I love the Americana blocks~ they're my favorite.
    Those farm animals are super cute too~ I can't believe they came from the $ store. I'll have to check ours out.
    Have a great week!
    Blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stuff at great prices; I think I will have to go to dollar tree to get a sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love everything you bought. Great finds. I will have to check out our Dollar Tree. I have found lots of goodies in there.

    Have a great week.

    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Rondell! LOL! That little sheep is the one I posted about awhile back. I first heard about them from another blogger and had to run out to get me one. They are cute. I also liked the cow but didn't get it, or the pig.

    Love all of your finds. When I first started remaking things and painting them, I also did the paint flicking! But I ued the stain to go over everything too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post filled with goodies, Rondell!

    I was at Dollar Tree today looking for some craft supplies and I thought of you ;) I hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete

Love to read each and everyone of your comments...thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit... your always welcome♥
Rondell