~Tomato Creek Prims~
A simple life...Stush and I, the kids and the grands♥

Monday, April 28, 2008

~I Can't Take Sitting Still Anymore~

Hey everyone,
So glad to be back and thanks so much for the prayers and comments, my knee is doing better but I know I will need PT, I just have to wait till this Friday when I go to the doctor's when I have to start and by the way I had a torn cartleige which was never going to get better but I just kept putting it off until I know longer could.

I'm going crazy not being able to do anything, about the only things I can do is fold clothes and load the dishwasher.....I know it's nice but after a while it gets to be old, myself I'd rather be doing something then just sitting there. So since it's raining and only 56 outside and I'm so tired of TV I could scream..... I decided to do the cupboard I bought for $5.00 at the fleamarket. It's the first for me to distress something and really didn't realize how hard it is to figure out where there would have been wear and tear . Finally I just decided to go for it, it needs a coat of something but otherwise I like how it turned out, there is an extra shelf that goes in the top but the guy who sold it to me said that he had lost the pegs, I painted that black too and I'll make a sign but haven't thought of what words I'll put on it yet. My camera picks up everything so it looks so much better than what the camera is showing. I really can't decide whether to hang it in my bedroom or the bathroom, which is coming along great, just amazing what a can of paint, Pergo floor, and new vanity and mirror/medicene will do to update a 1983 bath into one of today's look. I can't wait to show you pictures of my vanity sink, I just love it.... I want to wait and show you when it is all done and decorated. Also my bedroom, I'm still tossing it around in my head about dyeing a quilt and shams that I got at the fleamarket last year for $12.00, it's not an antique or anything like that, just a department store type and I also have on hand a bottle of Tan Rit dye. Now on the label of the bottle it says for about 2lbs of fabric, the quilt isn't heavy at all but I sure don't know how much a quilt and two shams weigh.LOL I guess I should just go ahead and do it....that's the only thing with remodeling you put all the $$$ in the fixtures and there is few left to decorate with but my new friend Leslie of http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/ has taught me to look around at what I do have and make it into what I'd really like to have. So that is what I'm trying to do...the guest room will have all patriotic in it which includes a good quilt and the new, bigger bedroom is painted a Golden Dune and has the black headboard so I need a new quilt to go in there and I want something different then the Barnred, navy and white. I think the tan will give it a tea dyed look and tone it down some. I'll let you know how it turns out! Have a Blessed Day!

10 comments:

  1. Howdy, I posted over at the Sampler board re: your cabinet. I know how it is, I can't sit still either which is why I usually have more than one project going on at a time.
    I'm really looking forwards to seeing your bathroom makeover. It sounds like all the pieces are coming together.
    I found Leslie through your blog and she has the greatest ideas. I'm hooked now!
    Have a great day, hope the knee isn't giving you too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shirlee,
    Isn't Leslie great? Amazing how she comes up with the ideas, I've thrown away tons of detergent bottles and never once thought of that.LOL That's why I'm trying to follow her lead and use what I have, right now I have the quilt in the washer getting dyed. I'll let you know how it comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rondell,
    I love the cabinet! The black paint made quite a change! I still can't believe that thing was only $5. :)

    Ahh, so kind of you to mention me! (((blushing)))) I'm just so used to my ideas that I take advantage of it all. Things just pop in my head out of the blue. I can look at something and it just comes together. When I need something, I just stop and think and BAM..I know exactly what to do. It's kind of freaky. I have even dreamt of the perfect solution! LOL Others don't always get it and think I'm a little loopy! LOL I'm happy that I am able to help others because I love doing what I do :)

    Can't wait to see your quilt. The worst that could happen is that it could come out lighter than you wanted. All you have to do it buy more dye :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great deal you got on your treasure. I'm a black fan! We're just finishing up on our kitchen and we painted and distressed our 1960's cabinets black. It has made such a difference. Can't wait to see your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirlee and Leslie,
    The quilt and shams came out like it was tea dyed, a really neat look but not one I'm looking for. I guess I just want to replace all the navy I have with black, which is a challange for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kindra,
    I've read your blog and can't wait to see the black cabinets, the one pic that you do show looks great. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your black cabinet!!! Garage Sale season hasn't begun here yet BUT I can not wait to shop for some bargains. Soon...
    We are also having rain today...I feel so blah...lots to do but don't know where to start. TAke care and hope you feel better real soon.
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the cabinet! the bottle of RIT dye should work. i wouldnt add any more than a bottle. it will be a nice light tan. i have noticed with RIT that the tan seems to have a pink/peach tone if you use what they suggest; so i always use less.
    I know leslie! she is an awesome friend!
    take it easy on your knee.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy & Kim,
    Thanks for stopping by, garage sales have started here just can't get out to them yet!
    The quilt came out just as you said, just don't like it, I need so many things with the remodeling we have been doing so I'm anxious to get out to those sales!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to read each and everyone of your comments...thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit... your always welcome♥
Rondell