~Tomato Creek Prims~
A simple life...Stush and I, the kids and the grands♥

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

~My Life~


Julie from Tattered Threads and Willing Hands is doing a wonderful thing on her blog: Here is what she has to say, the post title is....

It's My Life

have you ever read 'To Our Children's Children'? it's a great book designed to help you preserve your life story for generations to come. i have been wanting to do this and thought it would be fun to do it together. the idea is to one day make a book from our posts for our children.
I hope you'll join me in this endeavor,here's how we'll do it.
each tuesday you will have several questions to answer. each month there will be a 'theme' for the month. for example, we will start with your family and ancestry, then we'll move on into the house of your growing up, your childhood, holidays & celebrations, romance, parenthood, etc. sometimes the questions will be simple, sometimes they may not even apply and other times, you might find it hard to answer. there's never a right or wrong answer.
if you have blog, sign up with mr.linky, which will be at the end of each post. you'll then make your own post by copying and pasteing the questions ans answering them. if you don't have a blog, i encourage you to play along with a journal.
please link back to my blog in your posts and encourage your readers to play along.
the important thing is to never underestimate just how grateful your children and your children's children will be that you are doing this for them. it will be cherished for generations to come
.


There is a Mr. Linky to go back to on her blog so if you decide to do this please stop by Julie's blog to sign up!

1. What was your mother's name? June Adair

What was your father's name? Michael

Your grandmother's names? Rondell and Mildred

Your grandfather's names? Michael and Daniel

2. Do you have brother's and sisters? Two brothers and one sister. What are their names? Michael, Dave and Judy How old were you when they were born? I was #4 so I was the baby . Do you remember the first time you saw them? NO

3. What about your aunts and uncles? I had such a slew of them...my dad was one of 7 and my mom one of 3. I guess I'll just name the ones that I saw on a regular basis in my childhood.

My mom's sister Irma

My mom's brother George and his wife Aunt Trease

My dad's brother John and his wife Aunt Monnie

My dad's brother Pete and his wife Aunt Larue

4.Did your family get together much casualy or did you have to travel to spend time together?
On both sides we used to have family reunions which were fun when I was little. One park that we had one in had a pool so to me that was just so much fun because when I was little people just didn't have them in their yards...You swam in the river !!! LOL
5.Did they play an important part in your growing up? Sure...Christmas was so wonderful at my Uncle George's...he used to tie two trees together and they were always set up in the one corner...to me that tree was so big and full...always loved it!

There... that was fun and it didn't take a long time to do especially if you cut and paste, now I actually feel like I accomplished something for today:)

7 comments:

  1. That was fun to read, Rondell. Were you named after your grandmother? Have a super day. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I got a good idea from yr post, and that is the "tie two trees together" idea, how unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! we see where your name came from!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super idea!!!! I did a journal for my sister who is 15 years younger than me because I thought she would like her childhood from another perspective! These are really great!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's neat that you have your grandmother's name. Joy is named after both of her grandmothers (my mom and Jason's mom). Actually, I'm the only one in our family that doesn't have someone named after me....maybe one of my kids will do it! :) I love family names!

    That was fun to read!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post, Rondell! I find family histories (and history in general) so fascinating. How neat that you're named after your grandmother! My parents chose my Nana's name (Ita) for my middle name and we've given our kids middle names after family members too.

    I hope it's sunny where you are, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rondell, I enjoyed your post!!thanks so much for the bloggers tip on photos. I have wondered for ever on how to download more thatn 5 pics and it was just to easy! thanks again~

    ReplyDelete

Love to read each and everyone of your comments...thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit... your always welcome♥
Rondell